Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid partition table with 1850R

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlC

Technical User
Nov 25, 2002
GB
I have a Proliant 1850R and inadvertently pulled out one of the hard drives and now I'm receiving the message 'Invalid partition table'.

I have tried to SmartStart it (V4.90) but the CD starts the splash screen and then stops (I presume this is because it can't write to the C: drive
temporarily).

I tried to install Windows 2000 and F6 to specify 3rd party drivers for the drive array but it doesn't recognise any of the disks in there anymore (it thinks there is
a different OS and has two partitions of which I can't delete at any level).

I can't access the F10 or Ctrl + A to low level format the drives through the 3200 software to clear the error.

The boot sequence so far is:

Switch on (no option for F10 or Ctrl+A)
Reads memory
Recognises the Compaq Array Controller 3200
Gives me the options F10 to access the Configuration Utility but it's not there so it tells me about the Invalid partition table.
F1 goes straight to the invalid partition table and stops.

I'm pretty sure the Array controller works fine.

Please help - I'm pulling my hair out here.

Thanks in advance.

Update: I've managed to low-level format the 3 drives from a different server.... is there any likelihood of not being able to boot up from Smartstart now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back