Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid page fault in 10 programs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tezza

Technical User
May 16, 2001
AU
I get Invalid Page Faults when trying to run about 10 different programs. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing. I think it might have something to do with me buying a 40gig 7200rpm HDD and 256MB ram... since I loaded the hdd with the os and then tried installing these programs, I could run them...

help???

I had similar problems on a Dell desktop but upgrading my video driver eliminated the problem.

Mark Mark

Dell Inspiron 8100
PIII 1ghz, 256mb, 30 gb HD
64mb GeForce2Go

i have an ibm thinkpad a21m. i tried to load civilization iii and it gives me an error message; civilization caused an invalid page fault in module df394b.tmp at 0167:10044598. a friend suggested to load another df394b file. is this the solution. thanks woody

I experienced this same problem with SimCity 3000 Unlimited, although I was trying to run it on a much older system. My problem was that my video card drivers were outdated, and SimCity's memory-intensive requirements simply overwhelmed my video capabilities, causing SC3U to crash. Your system is obviously new, so my suggestion would be to try to get the latest drivers for your video card. The best places are either Microsoft's site, or the manufacturer's site. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back