Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid object error

Status
Not open for further replies.

willymr

Programmer
Aug 30, 2001
US
I'm getting an invalid object name error when I try to preview my reports.
The database table was replaced with a new table.
I added this table to my report and removed the old one.
I adjusted the links for what I needed and I verified the database. This had worked previously but now I'm stuck.
I have about 12 reports that I need to do this to!
Can anyone help????

Go to the 'Set Location' menu option and verify that your report is looking at the proper tables in the proper location.

The location is correct.
I did notice that in the SQL statement, it still references the 'old' table. If I change it in the SQL statement - I get the error that says it no matching colmns found...
Any other ideas.

Were you ever able to solve this problem? I am having the same problem with one of my reports and I really do not want to redo it. The report is pretty intense.

Thanks

mc

Dear all,

When you set the location if the table name changed you need to also set the alias.

In addition, I have seen where to get the correct names in the SQL Query, you have to reset the SQL.

Do Database/Show SQL/Reset

Hope that helps,

ro Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back