Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid Login Attempts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pudge99

Technical User
Nov 19, 2004
US
Cutting over to AAM from Call Pilot next week and have tried to change the invalid login attempts to (5) instead of the default (3), to alleviate additional trouble calls. No matter what I change invalid login attempts value, the system logs me out after (3) attempts. Is there another field I am not changing to make this work?
Thanks in advance!!

I thought so as well. Let me know how you make out.
Thanks!!

@KenMeans how did you make out when tested in the lab?
Thanks in advance

It does do the same thing as yours. I never had anyone ask that before.

I think I misunderstood core issue at first. But I personally would not want someone to be able to keep pounding in passwords to hack a mailbox.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thank you Ken for taking the time and verifying the "invalid logins". Understanding the security aspect, I do however feel it should be at the administrators discrection as to how many invalid login attempts a user has before being logged out. From a feature standpoint, this is going in a backword direction.

Oh I agree 100% that a lot of this is going backwards

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back