Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid Export DLL or export format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

croiva25

Technical User
Dec 3, 2003
AU

I have read a lot about this error and all the suggestions put in place in order to have it working to no avail.We have a Visual Basic 6 application and we are able to export reports to Word,PDF or EXCEl through Report viewer, however for sometime we have had problems exporting to PDF on Terminal Server 2000, now that we upgraded to TS 2003 none of the exports work,exporting to pdf or excel gives an error as discribed in the subject and to word just doesn't happen, no error is thrown.

I have made sure I have all the appropriate dll in c\windows\crystal. the only thing that strikes me as strange is, I have found a post informing we should have all of those dll files under c\program files\common files\crystal decisions\2.0\bin and there is the need to have files in MergeModules as well, however those folders do not exist.

I have crystal installed on my own pc and i have all of those folders but since exporting locally on our pcs is not the problem but on the Terminal Server I can't connect if that could be.

Would somebody know are those folders that are getting created when Crystal is istalled and if i should just create them myself.

Hope somebody can help because i am really stuck.

Thanks

What version of Crystal runtime components? If 9 or above, you should use the Merge Modules in creating your installation.

hth,
- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Thanks for your reply, this is the first reply I have had in days on a number of forums.

I am using Crystal 8.5.

Would you know if creating Crystal Decisions and MergeModules folders manually and placing all of those files in would have any affect?

Cheers

afaik, Crystal 8.5 doesn't come with Merge Modules.

The 2.0\bin folder has nothing to do with the 8.5 components (it's only for Crystal 9 components).

Try to copy all the necessary dlls to a folder that is known to be in the system path.

Also, is you install package taking care of registering all the necessary dlls?

hth,
- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

To the best of my knowledge I have included all the dll in the folder in the system path, however when it comes to the installation package I will have to speak to the developer, however, how would that explain all of the export working locally but not on the TS2003, and the fact that it did work for a short period of time when Crystal Report was re - installed.

Thanks for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back