Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstxaix

Programmer
Dec 22, 2005
US
I am using DSTX 7.5 on AIX 5.2

I have a map which gives me the following error - does not match TERMINATOR '<LF>'. The error occurs only on the 11th occurrence of the data record. However, the error goes away when I fix the data for an unrelated component of the typetree (increase its size).

Would you know why this is happening. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

That error is saying that other data is being found where the <LF> is expected to be. Check the field sizes for that record to see if they match the tree. Sounds like there's a mismatch between one of the field sizes in the tree and the data.

The input file that we tested yesterday failed in the XYZ segment with the error "does not match terminator LF". On analyzing the type tree we came to know that the group containing the XYZ segment is an unordered group(Items in this group can come in any order).

As per the type tree the ABC segment is defined after XYZ segment. But in the input files we found that XYZ segment comes before ABC segment. This should not be a problem since the group is defined as a unordered group. Also ABC segments which are present above the failed ABC segments are also in the same structure as explained above, but they are accepted.

When we tested by replacing the XYZ segment and place it below the ABC segment in the position where it previously failed, the map ran successfully.

The baffling thing is this - It runs on Windows but not on AIX. Should I think this might be a problem with the unordered groups in the type tree in AIX environments only.

Create a test case and send it to support. Could be an engine difference between Windows and AIX. Also, DS TX 7.5.0 or 7.5.1? I suggest testing 7.5.1 if you don't have it.
Ypu can install 7.5.1 in another directory on the AIX box to test.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Boca we have 7.5(119) and plan to go to 8.0 directly. I will send trees and data to support.

Send the input trace file for both environments too.

Make sure your data file doesn't have <cr><lf> in it. This happens when a data file is sent binary to UNIX instead of ASCII.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back