Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid Argument

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucybelle

MIS
Apr 9, 2001
US
I have a split database, the FE is in 2003 and the BE is in 97. A week ago, I converted the BE to 2003 and it's been working fine until today. I'm getting the message, "Invalid Argument" when I try to run a specific query. This query is used often and has been running fine since last week. Anyone have any suggestions.

Just this one query?
How big is your database? Do you compact it regularly?

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244. Basics at

The is the only query that I have found with this problem. The database is 39MG. I compacted it before and after I converted it to 2003

I found the problem in the data in the table. All the fields in one of the records had #error. It would not let me delete the record, so I created another table and copied all the records except the bad record to the new table. It's working fine now. I've seen this before. Anyone know what is happening to cause this problem. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back