Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intuiyty Audix Reboot 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcomwork

Technical User
Mar 2, 2002
US
If I "Stop" "Voice Services" and perform a "Shutdown System" and have a user power off the server, when they power it on will they have to issue a boot command like an Octel voice mail server?

Thanks!

No, just make sure they wait for the second "login" before loggin in.

Second login?

Will the first login just go away? Do the two logins look diffrent?

Thank you for helping!

no, they look the same, hopefully somone else can put it into words better than i.

Are these two logins after Audix comes all teh way backup and logging in via ASA or is this something you need to see on a SAT terminal connected to the voice mail server?

Thanks again!

Another easy way to explain it is, wait until you see many tests run. Then on the right hand side you will see the test results. It should be like 15-20 tests and all of them "passed". After that you will be at the second login.

If U don't want to worry about which login U have on the screen, U can just call the voicemail. If it answers properly, then it is up and running, and U can then login to do adment because U are now at the sencond login.
If U have a Mach 5 Intuity, make sure U do a reboot at least every 247 days or the system will lock up with no alarms and everything looking fine, but it won't take a call. Avaya advises set the time every month and do a reboot, but I have seen systems run for years without problems as long as they are Mach 4 systems or older. These systems don't have the 248 problem because Avaya fixed them. I have been told AVaya doesn't plan to fix the 248 prlblem with Mach 5 software versions.

That's exactly why I'm rebooting this one. We just had one lock up, lokked totally healthy but would just RONA.

Thank you for helping!

it may have locked up due to not rebotting it at least every 90 days

Can these Audix system be rebooted remotely? I am getting to them via ASA as they are all over the country. Since I am not onsite I don't want to play with it.

Thanks,

The later versions can not sure about earlier. Mine is 5

rebooting remotely came out in 5.1.20 i believe. just make sure when you upgrade you verify the CMOS settings per the upgrade documentation or you will not be able to run the reboot command even thought you have upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back