Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intuity tape 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

papagigo1

Technical User
Apr 30, 2004
US

I have an Intuity audix with a defective 10GB tape drive, can I replace that drive with a 20GB drive? Also, can it be done working or do I have to shut'er down?

Mike

The drive can not be replaced while the intuity is up. You have to shut down the intuity and power off the server.

As far as replacing the drive, chances are you won't be able to simply use another type of drive unless that drive came as a replacement. There are drivers that need to be installed and configured for additional devices and they are specific to the devices Avaya intends for use in the Intuity chassis.

Now it is possible, but only if you have access to shell and customer's don't get that in Intuity.

Simreal,

That makes sense, thank you for the information.

Mike

papagigo1, i've got a complete comcode/parts list for all the messaging products (Intuity, DefAudix, LX, IA770, etc) to a date of 2004. just post what system you have and the version of software that is on it. i'll be able to help you narrow down what kind of tape drive (model number and comcode) that would work for you. you might be able to find a replacement pretty cheap on the secondary market.

check the manufacturer of the tape drive some drives are rebadged HP drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back