Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intuity problem / Message waiting indicator not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyitsthephoneguy

Technical User
Jul 31, 2002
US
Hello,

I've got one user who's message waiting indicator is not functioning. I've watched the system monitor and left a message in her mailbox. I see the port taking the call, but I never see the system dial the message waiting light indicator turn on code. So far, she's the only one experincing the trouble.

Any ideas? Is there a setting on the subscriber form that I'm missing?

TIA,
Steve

Sounds kinda obvious, but is the LWC activation prompt filled in the same way as other sets that do work, and is the msg lamp extension prompt filled? Also I would try swapping the set with another of the same type. Its possible the led is toast. You can also try changing the msg lamp extension prompt to another local that you know works, if it lights, the problem is likely in the VM.

While it could be the light, I'm inclinded to point the finger at the Intuity. It's not dialing the LWC activation code for her mailbox. The LED isn't going to go on with out the Intuity telling it to.

And yes, the station form is programmed in a similar manner as the others.

Thanks!

Sounds obvious, but had this happen in the past where the "Message Lamp Ext" is set for the wrong extension. Another person has access to our PBX so I kind of figure they didn't recongnize it was set for another extension.

It would help knowing what type of integration were dealing with, i.e. DCIU, C-Lan, Mode Code. Try display activity xxxx from the Audix command line to see if the Intuity is sending the information out, also status station xxxx from the definity, to see if the command was recieved. Make sure the station user clears all their messages, then try sending a new message, the Intuity will only send a MW on to the station for the first message to the station and not subsequent messages.

When you do a STATUS STATION XXXX on the Definity does it show message waiting in Audix? If so, Audix is sending the info to the PBX but the lamp is not getting lit for one of the reasons listed above. If not, then there is a problem with the Audix talking to the PBX for this extension.

Try to manually light the light with the MWI feature access code. This will at least show you functionality with the phone/light. Confirm your "switch number" setting is correct on the Subscriber form if you're using multiple sites.

Couple ideas.. hope it helps...

Hi All,

I've checked the station form. The MWI extension is the same as the station. The status station form does not show any messages waiting. I've watched the system monitor while leaving a message and for 5 minutes after, no command to turn on the MWI is sent to the Definity.

The Intuity is linked to the Definity via Mode Code.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

Again in the Intuity Audix run a display activity xxxx, enter in the current day and time, within the last hour. See if there is any activity for that subscriber. Remove all current messages for the subscriber, send a new message and watch the monitor screen. Mode Code is scary at the best of times.

I agree with ETAC. If the Intuity thinks it has lit the message waiting lamp for a previous message, it will not try and lite the lamp for any subsequent messages. Clear out any current messages for this subscriber and try again.

I am having the same problem, I have done the following:

Changed phone
Changed port i.e. different card, different carrier
Changed wiring to office
Verified Switch number
Tested known-good phone
Tested at the frame
Removed and added extension
Removed and duplicated extension
Removed and added subscriber
MWI-ON verified
LWC verified as "Y"
LWC reception is msa-spe (same as all of the other extensions, even tried to change to audix)
Reset SYS 2
Power-Cycled PBX as a last resort.

This is the only extension that is having problems. When I do a status station XXXX it does not show Message Waiting: AUDIX, it is blank.

Thanks,
manfmmd

please do a print of the station and post it. If you are using ASA you can run this as a report to a file. Open generated file then cut & paste content.

I will take a look.

Charles

Thanks for the help all!

I'm not sure what did it, but yesterday the Intuity started activating the light, but if you look at the activity log it didn't happen previous.

Avaya got in and rebuilt some files. We rebooted and the Message Waiting light started to work..

Thanks,
manfmmd

I had to call Avaya on this very same problem and they told me to make sure that I re-boot the Audix server every 30 days and I have not had the problem since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back