Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intuity connections PLEASE HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerace

Technical User
Oct 24, 2003
US
Hi. I need some help here.

For a few weeks I will be able to use a Lucent Intuity Audix system to replace the one we had that broke. When it was removed somone resest the whole system so there was an attendant.

What I need to do is this.

I am in Key mode

Each extension on the system should go to voice mail after about 7 rings. So when somone calls Line 1 and no one awnsers it will go to Line ones general mail box. If line 2 rings and is not awnsered it will go to line 2s genereal mailbox. But I want to set up an autto attendant for after housr so you get a list of Exts. and can call the Ext. If no one awnseres they have a persoanl mail box.. i have 3 incoming Lines

THANKS SO MUCH

I cant figure out how to assingn coverage groups or how to make them cover to another extesnsion.... I have the books But everything I try seems not to work..

Thanks

You can assign Lines to Calling Groups, and have the Calling group overflow to the Voice Mail Calling Group.

Assuming Voice Mail is Group 770, Line 1 could be assigned to Group 771, Line to to Group 772, etc. WITH OVERFLOW from these groups set to go to Group 770.

This is not how it is USUALLY done, but it sounds like that's what you are trying to do.

I beleive with the AUDIX you can assign either the Calling Group or the LINE as the Auto Attendant, but again, with AUDIX, I am not all that sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back