Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intuity Audix Sleepy Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattRutter

Vendor
Feb 5, 2003
GB
Hi all; here's a puzzle for you!

I got called out to an Intuity Audix that had stopped answering calls.
It's a MAP5, Overlan integration, with 12 ports (ie two voice cards)
I logged into the switch (Definity R8) and checked that the calls were pointing at the Audix -no problem. I tested a couple of ports and proved they were actually connected - no problem.
I did Status Processor-Channels 1 - the link is up and running.

I logged into the Intuity. Ports are all present and in service. Checked the Integration link - it's up.
Checked alarms - none

Rang the hunt group - no answer.

Ran the Voice port test - no faults and guess what - They're working again!

That was yesterday. Got another call this morning - same fault - same solution.

Got a call this afternoon, and actually went to site this time. Same fault, only this time I did a full reboot, which cleared it! All ports working fine!

Has anyone seen this before? What's going on? If it happens again tomorrow, I'm stuck for where to go next.

Please Help!

Matt

This may sound silly but I always try the old turn it off and back on or reboot first and it's amazing how 9 times out of 10 it works regardless if it's a p.c. printer, fax etc. I wonder when a reboot had been performed before you stepped in....AVAYA recommends an assisted reboot every 90 days for Audix. I hope this was all there was to your problem.
Good Luck,
Tina

If the system is a Mach 5 Intuity it needs a shutdown every 60 to 90 days. It will run without problems usually much longer than that, but will have the symptoms that U are describing were nothing is seen wrong, it just won't take calls at 248 days without a shutdown. U don't have to turn off the Intuity, just do the gracefull shutdown. If fact Avaya advises not to turn off the Intuity except if u need to move it or u are going to have a power outage

Hello All -- I am having the exact same problem as Matt. I rebooted it once about 3 months ago when the voice channels stopped picking up. SO, when it happened last week, I thought "no big deal", but its now happening every 24-48 hours. I have to reboot the thing every day or the voicemail lines stop picking up. My consulants have no idea. I have 2 cards w/ 4 ports and its a different card every time that fails. Other than rebooting, Did you ever figure this out ?????????

Zink71, I would suggest that you do a graceful shutdown, disconnect the power and use a can of compressed Air to clean the interior, power supply and Fans. Then carefully remove each of the boards, clean the edge connectors with contact cleaner on a Q-Tip (do not spray boards), then wipe the edge connectors with an Electronic Lubricant like LPS 1, 2, or 3 (no WD-40 or the like) again using a Q-Tip. Clean the board connectors with compressed air and carefully reinsert the boards. Check the ribbon cables and power connectors, check the CPU fan also. Boot the machine with the case off and check fans and airflow. This will most often cure flakey operation, in my experience. Also inspect the alarm logs, and verify installed hardware to make sure everything is operating as it should.
Always follow the perodic shutdown, it will save you a world of grief. Clean the machines once a year, twice if in a dirty location.

Call into Avaya TSO and have them clear out the software corruption.

Thanks for the responses. I was wondering if a certain incoming call may be making this happen. It happened yesterday afternoon, and when card that stopped ansering had one channel status that said it was ansering a fax. But it was stuck there for a long time; then I just rebooted it. I will definitely open the box up and clean it out. What kind of software corruption could it be, if it is software?

I wonder if there are updated Linux drivers for these phone cards inside

I had this similar problem a while back. Intuity link was going down and stopping the system from taking calls. Denver's resolution was to upgrade our C-LAN card to the newest version of software. I had to do a FTP download and upgrade the board with a newer version firmware. After all was said and done this resolved our problems.

I have the procedures for doing this in the FAQ section if you would like to give that a try.

Mike Jones
Louisiana State University Health Sciences center

Hmmm. I updated my CLAN cards to the latest version a couple months ago. I wonder if I should downgrade.

Did you also have the Inuity Audix box running on Linux ?

OK - Its now almost a month and I am still having the same problem. 4 of my ports in my audix will stop answering (although they dont even show as ringing when you call the trunk directly). When I reboot it, its fine for about 24 hours.

Here is what I have tried
- Replaced Both 4-port Voice cards
- Replaced every hardware component except the hard drive - new motherboard, new memory
- Upgraded the whole thing to Inuity Audix 1.1 from 1.0 - no difference whatsoever.

I basically reboot it every morning at 6 Am to get my through the day. I am starting to think its the switch itself - I think I am going to reboot the switch.

I have 2 CLAN cards, should I try pointing the Audix to my second CLAN card, instead of the primary one ?

Somebody out there has to be having this issue besides me..
Avaya is such a poorly run company - I have been trying to get a maint. contract for over 3 weeks and I still dont have a quote on my desk, but I cant bring myself to pay $275 per 1/2 hr. And my consultants are out of answers and to busy w/ other jobs. Any guru in NYC - feel free to contact me - I want new consultants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back