Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intuity Audix Reload - Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

resindm

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2005
US
I am reloading my Intuity Audix voice mail system. The hard drive in the machine is slowly dieing with many bad sectors. I attempted to ghost the drive with no luck. Does anyone know the install procedure so that I could restore the backup on a new hard drive. Also does anyone know if there are hard drive size limitations for the LX system. Thank You in advance for any help.

D

The Audix Operating system and file format are proprietary to Avaya. Avaya would have to Ghost the drive and replace it....

In the future everything will work...

I have the install software from Avaya to do the install. Makes sence about the ghost issue but to be honest the drive is so damaged that I dont believe it would do much good to them either. Although there is no way I can be down while I send out the drive to be ghosted by Avaya.

THX

D

You will need to replace the drive with a similar drive , load the bootdisks and then the cd software and then do a restore from your backups. Get the backup done asap so that you dont have to enter all of your info by hand. I am not sure about the HDD types on an LX so take a look at it to make sure that you have not been thrown a proprietary curve ball. Avaya likes to use things like SCSI CD Rom drives and such.

Your best option is to purchase the the drive through a BP or Avaya directly. Even if you were able to find the exact make and model off the shelf hard drive the vm software will not boot up. The hard drives used must have the proprietary firmware level for the vm os to boot up. Once you have the proper hard drive, loading the software and restoring the backup should take you no more than 2-3 hours depending on size.

Thanks everyone for the help. It seems that you were right on point with the proprietary hardware. I went through the entire install and the drive booted in linux fine but I had no access to the vm consol to run the backup. So needless to say the very thing I wanted to avoid I now must do .. Pay Avaya. Its a bit confusing to me why they give you the software but give you no way to utilize it. You would think they would just send me the drive .. nope need to pay an Avaya tech to do what I already did. Im on the wrong side of this business . lol.

D

$330 for a hard drive!!!???!!

Wow Avaya really make some high margins there.

I saw a post on the internet on how to mimick the Avaya hard drives, but after looking everywhere I can't seem to find it. I will continue to look.

I was a tech at avaya for 6+ years and you can buy parts from a business partner cheaper than avaya almost every time. Avaya uses a very strange math.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back