Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intuity Audix Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmerck

Technical User
Feb 12, 2002
US
I have a user that has (2) phones in different offices in the same building. They want to have (1) voicemail box which will light both phones MWI, but be able to check from either extension. I have the subscriber in the extension field and the second extension entered into the secondary ext. field on the subscriber form. When I check voicemail for either extensions, Audix says there is a new message, but the second phone's MWI will NOT light!

By the way, the PBX is a S8300 at this site. What am I missing here??

If I understand correctly, you need to go to each station form in the PBX and on the first page there is an area that states " Message Lamp Ext": this is where you would put the voice mail box extension. In other words, if the user has ext 5000 as their main number (with voice mail) and 6000 as the other phone, then ext 5000 would needed to be input into both station forms. Hope that helps!

Bridge the 2 stations, you will make the second phone look ike the first. Then on the second station just set the message lamp ext to the first stations number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back