Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intuity Audix Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxman

MIS
May 10, 2001
US
Hi Guys - is there anything special about the Seasonic SS-250FS power supply that came in our Intuity Audix? The fan wasn't spinning and the Audix would barely power up then quit, but when i replaced it with a recent, known good ATX power supply the power supply started smoking and exploded within 10 seconds of powering on. The Audix itself was going through the POST routine. I figured it was a fluke so I replaced it with another power supply and the same thing happened. When i put the Seasonic back in it just tries to start and quits - doesn't explode. The front two green LEDs on the Audix just continue flashing which to my understanding means 12V power failure.

What the heck? Can I not go to a store and buy a standard off-the-shelf ATX power supply or is the motherboard shorted somewhere? I would think if that were the case it would also short the Seasonic too?

pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

Thanks! I called and apparently these are proprietary power supplies so the wheels are in motion trying to find me one.

Looks like we're going to be down a few days though but at least I have a place to start. :)

pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back