Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intuity Audix Backup/Restore Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuldoon66

Programmer
Nov 1, 2004
US
I am working on moving a customer to an Intuity Audix R4 from an earlier version. They are currently using a Nortel Meridian PBX and it is integrated via DCIU. The plan is to use CLAN integration to a Definity ECS that the facility inherited from their corporate offices. I want to avoid rebuilding 150+ mailboxes and a dozen or more AA's if at all possible. What is the best procedure for moving the mailbox configurations from one Audix to another. Is it worth risking a corrupted Backup/Restore?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Crossing platforms (PBX), upgrading and changing integration modes would be even difficult for Avaya to accomplish even with their special software and their Remote Upgrade Kit (RUK). In my opinion you would be better off "biting the bullet" and starting from scratch. You don't want to risk corrupting the new Audix, forcing a complete rebuild. You "might" be able to upgrade and restore the mailboxes and announcements, but I wouldn't risk it.

Thanks for the input. After reading through a ton of documentation regarding the upgrade procedures and the change of integration type, I think I am going to prepare myself for a long day of typing and tabbing through Audix fields. I'll probably leave the old system tied into a few analog ports on the new ECS for a few days after install to give people time to retrieve left over messages before completely graduating them to the new R4.

Thanks again for taking time to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back