Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intuity Audix Administratiion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrost

Technical User
Dec 1, 2006
US
Can someone tell me, is there a master admin password that will let me log into any user's voicemail box, regardless of their own access password?

No there is not, other than going into system admin and changing the existing password for that particular mailbox.

phonesrus, is correct. The Activity Log should tell you anything you would need to know other than the body of their mesasages.

Thanks for the info. Reason I asked wasnt to 'spy' on people's voicemails, rather, I have discovered a way to pull the voicemails from the POP3 accounts in audix into MS Exchange... but you have to have each account's password. If there were a master password for all voicemail accounts, i could pull all of the messages with one master password, and distribute by recipient, and not have to have security risk of having everyones vm password stored on a computer that is not the voicemail server.

ctrsot,

Can you share your discovery with the rest of the group. I am trying to find a way to get our Audix LX to be able to send email to our mailboxes. And do not want to setup user's Outlook to do POP3 to the Audix. Not sure how to do it yet.

Thank

There are a few ways to do it.

the thing that you have to grasp is that the audix box will NOT send out the messages, you have to be able to go in and get them.

That being said, there are some exchange server connectors that can access pop3 accounts and distribute to exchange directly, but we decided against that for a few reasons.

the alternative that we went with, is a 3rd POP3 connector that sits on a regular networked PC (does NOT have to be a server/server OS) the program logs into the pop3 mailboxes on the audix system and redirects the messages to the specified address. there is more info on their website. they offer a 30 day free trial, and the basic license was i think $60 or $70 bucks, one time fee. it's quite configurable, too. (the upgraded versions offer virus and spam filtering, etc. but we didnt feel that part neccessary)

the site is
if you have any questions on how it's working for me or how to configure, post back...

You have what's called Internet Messaging there ctrost. It's used for getting a users voicemail and faxes in to the POP3 account. It's actually pretty cool if you have the time to enable it on everyone's desktop. You can install a program called Message Manager made by Avaya and it allow you to actually listen to your messages over your sound card or ring your phone and play them for you. You could also configure your Outlook client to connect directly to your Intuity and login with the extension number and password and bring faxes and voicemails directly into your Exchange account. Like I said pretty neat if you have a use for it. Our CFO loves as does our billing department.

Yeah, I know It's Internet Messaging... i've got it configured, but was sharing the tool that i am using to avoid POP3 access on our network, both because that can be a security risk, and the fact that the pop3 mail was not copied into the exchange mailbox, thus not forwarding a notice to blackberry users that they had a voicemail message (yes, i know you cant listen to the message on the blackberry, but it is useful to be able to see that you do have a message)

the link i posted earlier allows you to pull the pop3 messages, and forward them on to the imap exchange box.

the hiccup (albeit a small one) is the fact that i have to have everyone's voicemail password in the 3rd party app to make it work, which is why i was hoping for a 'master' password, but there isnt one, so it's not that big of a deal....

Ctrost, thank you for the input. I got PopCon and it works great. I don't have to open up POP to the outside world, and my users still able to get their voicemail in outlook. and they use SSL to get email from the outside.

Thanks alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back