Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intuity Audix 5.1 Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunslngr

Technical User
Apr 14, 2004
US
We move our Audix system from one location to our main data center. It has been an absolute nightmare. My problem is that every so often we get someone who cannot get into there voicemail it just continues to ring. I have not witnessed this personally so i am unsure if this is exactly what is going on. I do know that when you call the numbers in the audix hunt-group it either rings for a while and finally audix picks up and says the person that you have dialed cannot be connected please enter touchtones and try again. Other times it will ring and then beep, as if it is trying to cover somewhere. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Will

I wish you could edit your posts here. I left something off I need to know if you are using a converter box between the Audix and the wallfield. If not I should be able to help you.

Will

The wiring on the audix cards is USOC rather than WECO.

In looking at the wiring and the third port always being the one that is not working, it seems you are using a 568B type of cord, in which case, your third channel would need to be on the Orange White/White Brown.

I'll try to example it below.

W/O O/W W/G BL/W WH/BL G/W W/BR BR/W 568b
4 3 2 1 1 2 3 4
W/B W/G W/O BL/W W/BL O/W G/W BR/W USOC
4 3 2 1 1 2 3 4

I may not be 100% correct on the usoc, but you can get the idea of how they are paired out.

Hope this helps.

Gary
surplusphones@comcast.net

I'm using RJ-45 to amphenol patch panel from the pbx.

Then, I've taken 3 cat V cables and split the wires into 3 pair and terminated the blue/white blue on pins 4 and 5 of the rj45. I also did this for the orange pair and green pair of each cable. I'm not using the brown pair.

The cat v cable above then goes into a little single RJ-11/110 punch wall mount jack where I've punched each cat v cable down as white blue/blue, white orange/orange, white green/green, and white brown brown.

From there I plug in the standard flat wire 6 pin rolled cables that avaya provides for this interface.

I have three of them that plug into the back of the audix.

The first two in Card 0 and the third cable in Card 1

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if it doesn't and I can clarify.

Thanks

Surplus, I'm going to do the wiring like you said and will get back to everybody in a few minutes. Yes, I have wired it 568B.

Thanks for the tip.

Good job surplus, that was right on the mark. I changed the rj45 from orange/white orange to Orange/white Brown and it works.

I did have to do a busyout port 01a0319 and 01a0322 before it became in service. Now Audix says...

Thanks so much for your help! This was a huge learning experience for me. :)

CD.PT CHN STATE STATE-CHNG-TIME SERVICE-NAME PHONE GROUP OPTS TYPE

CARD 0 STATE: Inserv CLASS: Analog(TR) O.S.INDEX: 0
NAME: AYC10 OPTIONS: master1,no tdm,tt
FUNCTION: TipRing

0.0 0 Inserv Oct 17 00:26:17 *DNIS_SVC 8801 2 talk IVC6
0.1 1 Inserv Oct 17 00:26:17 *DNIS_SVC 8802 2 talk IVC6
0.2 2 Inserv Oct 19 14:40:23 *DNIS_SVC 8803 2 talk IVC6
0.3 3 Inserv Oct 17 00:26:17 *DNIS_SVC 8804 2 talk IVC6
0.4 4 Inserv Oct 17 00:26:17 *DNIS_SVC 8805 2 talk IVC6
0.5 5 Inserv Oct 19 14:49:15 *DNIS_SVC 8806 2 talk IVC6

CARD 1 STATE: Inserv CLASS: Analog(TR) O.S.INDEX: 1
NAME: AYC10 OPTIONS: master1,no tdm,tt