Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intuity Audix 5.1 LAN ASA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumber123

Technical User
Nov 16, 2002
US
Greetings great minds ...

I have a Definity v12 and an Intuity 5.1 two CLANs
The goal is to manage the Intuity over the LAN via ASA. ASA is working fine managing the PBX via a seperate CLAN card.

I am able to have the VM work while direct connected but the second I connect the Intuity to the LAN I get a fast busy and the link goes down.

Question 1: Can I manage the Intuity using the same CLAN as the PBX with a different port? If so how?

Question2: What are my physical wire connections necessary? CLAN to Network -- Intuity to LAN -- not sure, this scenario allows me to PING both IP addresses but fast busy for VM.

to prevent it is better than to have it to cure ..

Sounds like your audix-CLAN connection is direct connected which means you don't have appropriate IP Address, subnet, gateway info assigned for them. You would need to assign the AUdix and the CLAN an IP on your network, and connect each device to the network. ASA admin would then be done via the audix IP on port 23.

You're going to have to do all of this off hours.

-CL

Lopes1211 --
I see that the Intuity has a different Gateway defined. I am changing it to match the two CLANs.
BTW, I have the Audix offline for the remainder of the day to fix this issue so no interference from the big bosses.

cef

When I move the direct connection from the CLAN to the network fast busy ... When I put it back connection returns.
cef

Check your speed/duplex settings as well on the LAN switch.

rockspop -

Both CLANs and Intuity all set to 100/H...

It's a X-over cable on the direct connect, right? Are you using straight through with the LAN switch cables?

1. Log on to Intuity and go to switch Interface admin.
2. Select switch link admin.
3. change IP address from 192.168.2.2 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (ipaddress new clan board)
4. Go back to main menu and select TCP/IP admin.
5. next select network addressing
6. change IP address from 192.168.2.5 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (new address of intuity)
7. change subnet mask from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.252.0(if you use a new mask)
8. add default gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
9. plug in new lan drop
10. open ASA terminal
11. enter change communication-interface processor
12. on line one change enable to n and enter (f3)
13. enter change node name audix
14. change IP address from 192.168.2.5 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(neww address of intuity) and enter (f3)
15. enter change data mod xxxxx
16. change clan board from avaya lan to network lan
17. enter change communication-interface processor
18. on line one change enable to y an enter (f3)
19. reboot Audix
20. Test all features of Audix including studer dial tone and message lamps

These are the steps we used to put intuity on the corp. lan so that we could access it with asa.

Thanks guys ..
-Rockspop there is a x-over while direct connecting, and I am using a straight-through 568B for the LAN.

-Letman2 I am on travel today and will follow step-for-step when I get in next week.

Have a good weekend all and thanks for the support. I will follow up next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back