Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intuity Audix 5.1 hanging off S8500 with 2 LSP's in differnet time zon

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwilch

Technical User
May 5, 2003
US
Greetings!

We have a client whom has an S8500 in Time Zone 1. The S8500 has 2 S8300's hanging off of it as LSP's in Time Zone 2/3. The voicemail for this system is an Intuity Audix 5.1 The problem is when the client gets a message from one of the S8300's, the timestamp is off (showing Time Zone 1 instead).

I've done some digging and found the switch time zones, however it appears that is basically set for DCS'd switches. These aren't DCS'd, they're LSP's off of the main site.

I'm at a loss, any ideas or work around suggestions?

Thank you!

Actually the problem is DCS allows you to identify the switch with a "switch number". So in changing the "time zones" on the Audix, there's no problem. With the LSP, all of the stations actually "appear" on the primary switch and there's no "switch numbers" assigned to them.

So that's where the problem arises from.

I don't believe there's a way around this problem. I have an Intuity that handles 10 locations 5 are LSP's. I have posed the same question to our business partner and Avaya with no solution. A future vmail platform may be the answer ie. modular messaging, however it may suffer from the same issue as well. My users have been understanding and this hasn't been a major issue for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back