Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intuity Audix 5.0 test alarm-origination 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pintboy

Technical User
Mar 15, 2008
US
I have an Intuity Audix 5.0 that is setup with an OSS number correctly, but for the past 6 months we are unable to use the "test alarm-origination" feature. I receive a "command successfully completed" message, but the modem never attempts to dial-out. Any ideas?

Are you able to dial into the system using the modem board?

R5 Audix needs to be rebooted (cold boot)about every 6 months. During this process you will see the command "RMB reset" during the boot process, this is the remote modem board reset. It is possible that some process is hosed up and even though "Annie" says successful, she lies sometimes. A cold boot will usually clear the issue, do a soft shutdown, turn the system off, wait 20-30 seconds for any residual power to bleed off, then reboot.

I have already tried the cold boot. no luck. The modem appears to be workin g fine inbound.

Another trick you might try is shutdown the system, remove the AYC-54 Modem board, reboot the system, watch the boot process to see that it is indeed missing the board, do another shutdown, reinstall the board and reboot.
If that doen not resolve the issue, you may have to remove the RMB software and reinstall, assuming you have the CD Software.
I take it that no one has removed or changed the alarm destination number?

The destination number and Product ID are still there. I will try removing the RMB board. Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back