Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Introduction of simulations to 70-293 and 70-294

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrbarnett

Programmer
Jul 20, 2001
GB
According to the following article, it looks like Microsoft has introduced simulations to the 70-293 and 70-294 exams, as the article claims to be introducing from late August to early September. Beware anybody going to take either of these soon.

John

I took the 70-293 exam on 27.9.05 and there was no sims. I have booked my 70-294 for 2 weeks away and there was no mention of sims. I remember when I took my 70-290 there was a delay to book it due to the changeover to sims.

I dont consider the sims a problem but I have heard that some have had technical issues with the sims when taking the exam.

Steve

I'm preparing for 294 myself, and came across this quite by chance although I think its more likely to be close to the end of the year when I'll be taking mine.

John

Patchste,
If you could post your experience with the SIMs on the 294 I'm sure some found find it usefull (including my self).

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]
Donate to Katrina relief

Mr Denny

I took the 70-204 exam today and passed with 769. There was no simulations in the exam. Mainly asked question around OUs, sites and was not too hard. I thought I had got a better score but I can live with it.

Only got the 70-297 to go to complete the 7 needed for the mcse. Onward and Upward

Patchste

Congrats.

Passing is passing. Scores aren't posted on the transscripts.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Patchste,

Congrats on passing. I'm taking this exam in a few weeks, and I was just wondering if you recall the number of questions on the exam.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Wishdiak

Thanks. I am really sorry but I cannot remember how many questions I had on that exam. I think it was around the forty question mark but please dont quote me on that. I have taken 4 exams in the last 6 weeks to gain my MCSE 2003 so it is difficult to separate between each one. The testking pdf Q & A helped with my prep.

Now onto to my CCNA.

Thanks for your help and Mr Denny. It has really been beneficial using this forum for gaining my MCSE.

Patchste,

No worries if you don't recall the number of questions. Forty questions, give or take, and no simulations is really what I wanted to hear.

I'm scheduled to take it next week, but might need to reschedule for later as I haven't had time to study adequately.

Out of curiosity, were the questions similar to the ones on the TestKing?

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

The testking q and a are very similar to the 70-294 exam. The test king for 70-297 is also very accurate as well.

good luck

Patchste

I passed 70-294 this morning with a score of 835. There were 35 questions in total. Onto 70-297, but not before a couple of days off studying.

John

Sat this this morning (passed with 868 got KILLED on planning &Implimenting GP 100% everywhere else!).... my first ever MCP....... yeah!!!

There was no simulation as such but there was a question that ask highlight the location that enables you to to solve the above issue...

And there was a couple where I had to select the relevant settings from a properties window...

onto Excahgen 2k3.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back