Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Introducing myself: SV8100 enthusiast

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeroentjed

Technical User
Jan 30, 2020
NL
Hi there!

As a newbie on this forum I like to introduce myself to you. My name is Jeroen, i'm living in The Netherlands and I work as a train manager at the Dutch Railroad.
I have always been very interested in everything regarding phones, telephone exchanges, landlines, etc. Nowadays almost everyone (here in The Netherlands) is cancelling there landlines because everyone uses smartphones now. I just like desktop phones :).

Last year I bought a very simple tiptel exchange, wired my whole house and now I have a phone in almost every room. Just for fun. The problem is, it works as a addiction, I want more!
This week I was looking for a more professional exchange and found several second hand NEC SV8100. One guy offered two of them so I bought them, one 19" version and one "small" version. I only need the last one but He gave me the other one to, so I can choose witch cards I want to use. They came with 4 DT700 phones, new in boxes.

So now the adventure begins! I am aware of the fact this kind of exchanges are normally installed by professionals only. As this is a hobby project for me, the challenge is in finding ways to make it work. I hope to have found a place here for some help from experts who think it's fun to help this crazy Dutchman.

At this moment the configuration looks like this:

slot #1
CD-CP00
with Voip and VM98000 InMailcard

Slot #2
CD-LTA
with 8 digital line, 2 single line, a co 1-4/BRI1 and a BRI 2

Slot #3
CD-8LCA
Well, the name says it all ;-)

I found and installed a copy of PCPro, and changed the IP settings of the SV8100 so it matches my local network. I connected two analog phones and four dt700 phones to it, they work.
For now these are my next goals:

- Connecting a landline (this is named a trunk right?) to the CO 1-4/BRI1 port (I'll make a separate thread about this)
- Making a call with this analog line
- Connecting a Voip number/trunk to the system
- Making a call with this Voip line
- Starting to understand the basics, settings, etc.

If you have any tips, ideas or anything else, I'm happy to read them. I hope the things I write are understandable, English is not my native language and technical English makes it even harder ;-)

Regards,

Jeroen

Have you got PcPro to enable you to program this? Also search for the features and specifications manual as it can be used to learn how to program features.

Hi OzzieGeorge,

Yes I use PCPro to program. I also use the manual you described to program them but it's a lot. There is a saying in Dutch: "Door de bomen het bos niet meer zien" meaning there are so much trees you can't see the forest :-D
At this moment I'm working on two problems, getting my analogue trunks to work (made a separate topic about it) and getting my dt700's to do what I want.
Thank you for your first tips, feel free to provide me some more!

Phoning Dutchman - NEC SV8100 - Your help is greatly appreciated

Wow, that's a useful post, thanks! I can use all the help, especially from Holland! ;-)

Phoning Dutchman - NEC SV8100 - Your help is greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back