Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intranet using Dreamweaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

nipchop

Technical User
Jan 22, 2001
GB
Hello there!

I am doing an Intranet site for my project at Uni. I have got the site up and running with IIS installed (I Know!) and can view the site through my own PC (which is the local server). The problem is when I try and view the site from another PC I have to log into my own machine through that PC on the network. I am trying to set it up so that any one can access the site through the Intranet. I have tried to change the permissions on the folders but this has had no affect.

Any ideas?

Tim

Hello! I had an intranet problem at my office that sounds similar to yours . The problem was that for an unknown weird reason some the workstation could not find the intranet server (it was also IIS) by it's name. But from any workstation the intranet could be browsed by typing the IP address of the intra server in the browser's address field.

Hi,

I think that I have sorted the problem, I trashed the PC and re-installed Windows 2000 (but this time with Server). I used 2000 professional before which I think caused the logon requirement. With 2000 Server and IIS there are more options when setting up the intranet. Currently I have a working system which can be accessed through the IP and the web server name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back