Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intracom Netmod Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

rianeiromiron

Programmer
Jul 1, 2001
GT
Hi all!!!

(newbee)

I'm using Red Hat 9.0
I have installed my Intracom Netmod (NT ISDN) and was able to login to my ISP network. However, the following scenario is happening

1) I'm unable to navigate on any of the browsers intalled (Mozilla, etc)

2) About 30 seconds after my connection has been established, it disconnects automatically

3) About 20 seconds after it disconnects, it dials up and connects again, without me, of course, been able to browse.

I suppose the disconnect fact is due to characteristics of ISDN that automatically hangs up after a certain amount of time without activity.
How do I tell my browser I am using that connection to browse????

Please help, I'm a newbee and am kind of lost here.....

When you connect, are you getting an IP address? Try ifconfig and you should see a pppN interface, where N is a number.

Are you getting a DNS configuration? cat /etc/resolv.conf

Are you getting updated routing information? route -n

Can you traceroute to something by IP address? traceroute -n <ip_addr> where <ip_addr> is an IP address on the network that you are connecting to.

Don't know about the disconnect problem. You probably need to check the logs. Try opening a second console window and typing &quot;tail -f /var/log/messages&quot; to see the log messages appear in near real time. A Ctrl-C will stop the tail.

Good luck!

pansophic

Hi!

I am using Suse 9.0Pro I have never been able to access internet with Kinternet or ppp Dialer so I use wvdial.

If you are using the ppp dialer option on X, it detects your modem with volume options, disable them.

This is my wvdial configuration, my modem is installed on Com1

[Dialer Defaults]
Modem = /dev/ttyS0
Baud = 57600
Init1 = ATB40
Init2 =
Init3 =
Area Code =
Phone = 53289904
Username =yourid
Password =yourpassword
Ask Password = 0