Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intl operator assisted calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieCurie

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
US
Hello all! I've been asked to route all operator-assisted calls to 1010333 for one of my sites. With digit manipulation, calls made to 00 go to the 1010333 operator. Calls made to 0 + NPA-NXX-XXXX also go to the operator. For some reason, calls made to 01 + country code + city code + number get a busy intercept. The phone number I am using is valid (checked it from my office here with 1010333, and got the operator). What is supposed to happen is the user dials 9+01+cc+city code+number, then DMI inserts 1010333. Does anyone have any idea why this would work for all other calls besides the international ones?

Thanks in advance!
M.Curie

Try removing that DMI entry for international calls, and have someone on that site manually dial using 1010333. It might be that international dialing via 1010333 from there. You may need to build a separate DMI for international calls to insert 10103333 and specify INTL as the call type (CTYP).

I tried it with a separate DMI, specifying INTL, and got busy tone. Also had my tech try dialing 1010333 + number, and he got busy tone. Is there something else I can check in the PBX, or is this perhaps something restricted by the CO? The site is off the mainland, in beautiful Puerto Rico.

The issue has resurfaced after 7 months. The onsite tech gets busy while dialing out, whether he uses NARS/BARS or the trunk access code. Any thoughts out there?

M. Curie

if you can't dial it from the switch, check wuth your carrier, can you get on a trnuk in front of the switch? or if it's a pri you can do a enl msgi x (x=dch) in ld 96 and see the numbers you are phy. sending.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

We are able to get on a trunk in front of the switch. It works fine there. If the tech direct-accesses the route from the switch, he gets fast busy right after the country code. If he dials 9 and then 01 + country code + city code + number (with DMI inserting the 1010333), he gets fast busy after the country code. When I trace his calls, every number he is dialing is being outpulsed, either through the ACOD or through NARS/BARS...but he still gets fast busy after dialing the country code. Is there something to check in the route data block?

Marie Curie

We are able to get on a trunk in front of the switch. It works fine there. If the tech direct-accesses the route from the switch, he gets fast busy right after the country code."

Is the trunk in front of the switch on the same route or associated with the same carrier? In other words, if you are dialing across different carriers, you may get different results. The route that you are trying to send the call on through NARS/BARS may be set up correctly but does the carrier allow calls to international? I have seen that blocked at the customers request on more than one occasion. Check with the carrier on the route to make sure you are set up to do this type of dialing.

The calls are routed over ROUT 0, which is the COT route. I had the tech use the first trunk member, 4 0 0 0, and test it at the demarc. It went through fine. It just doesn't work if the the PBX is involved in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back