Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intirgant ata 186 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPAlot

ISP
Sep 24, 2004
NZ
what were your settings on the device that you had working, and did you need a license?

Soopa Doopa Intergalactic IP Office installation mechanic and configuration corruptor from way back.

Bump. I am using Definity R11 Communication Manager. I get similar problems. After a couple minutes, the call drops. Looks like the ata is sending some unrecognized commands.

01:55:47 rcv DRQ endpt 192.168.223.155:1719 switch 192.168.0.40:1719 ext 329
01:55:47 UNKNOWN MESSAGE endpt 192.168.223.155:1719 switch 192.168.0.40:1719 9
01:56:19 rcv KARRQ endpt 192.168.223.155:1719 switch 192.168.0.40:1719 ext 329
01:56:19 denial event 2039: IP KA-No endpoint ID endpt 192.168.223.155 data0:0
01:56:19 snd RRJ ext
01:56:39 rcv RRQ endpt 192.168.223.155:1719 switch 192.168.0.40:1719 ext
01:56:39 snd RCF endpt 192.168.223.155:1719 switch 192.168.0.40:1719 ext 329
01:56:43 rcv GRQ endpt 192.168.223.155:1719 switch 192.168.0.40:1719 ext

The ATA does not respons to keep alive packets from IP Office, maybe these packets are Avaya specific?

I have not found a single article or thread on God's entire Internet from someone who has made a claim that this works. Everyone states that they can make a call for a minute or two and then it disconnects.

If I unplug the ata, do a list trace stat 329 (the ata extension), then plug the ata in, I see no signs ever that the ata ever attempts to register with the Avaya until I initiate a call. Once I initiate a call, I see a registration reguest and a registration confirmation, then when I hang up the ata sends a DRQ, which I assume is a disconnect request, and the Avaya says "UNKNOWN MESSAGE." While on the call, while continuing to do a list trac stat 329, I never see any communication btw the ata and the Avaya, so I guess the Avaya gets ticked off and sends a unregistration request, the ata confirms, and once the ata realizes that Avaya doesnt want to be friends anymore, then it decides to kiss and makeup and sends a registration request which apparently it should be doing throughout its relationship.

The only thing I see in the ATA that I dont understand is a section called "ConnectMode" and according to Cisco, ConnectMode is a 32-bit bitmap used to control the connection mode of the selected call signaling protocol. Details about the available settings for ConnectMode can be seen here. If you understand it and want me to try one, tell me and I will.

BTW, I have an Avaya Definity Communication Manager...its an R11, so I guess thats the same as Communication Manager 1.1? Anyway, cant find anyone in the Definity group that has ever done this successfully either.

If someone can e-mail me a trace from an IP Office with one of these calls (before, during, and after it drops) and their config, I'll get it into tier 4 right away. Make sure your H.323 Send/Receive and H.245 Send/Receive is on in the Filter Options. They've asked me numerous times to do it, but I haven't had time to set back up m ATA to get the trace.

My addy is kristiandg at theguntzelmans d0t c0m.

Thanks,

Kris

I've been through that process with no success, avaya says that the problem is in the ATA as it does not respond to the keep alive messages.

Try not to discount that too much. I've worked very closely with T4 on several issues with much success. In fact, in some cases, I've had private builds within 12 hours. :)

Kris

So, I guess its worth no one's time to get me a call trace?

Hmmm.

Kris

Scroll up. I did. Its not a call trace, thats not the issue. Its an issue of the ATA staying up.

The ATA is not sending keep-alives to the Avaya, so the Avaya forces it to unregister.

Right, what Avaya needs, is the Trace output from "Monitor". My understanding is that the messages were different and the IPO wasn't understanding them. The trace above, isn't that from a Definity? I need IPO Monitor trace.

Besides, when you buy a license for a 3'rd party IP Phone that supports h.323, you would think it should support one of the major brand names out there for just such a technology. Has anyone had any luck with other brand "ATA's"?

Kris

Yeah, thats from a Definity.

Why doesnt Avaya make a H.323 ATA?

The problem resides in the Cisco, also Cisco IP Phones cannot be used on IP Office. They give the same problem : unregister after 90 secs due to not acking the keep alive packet send by IPO.
So if you want a solution then go to Cisco, other brands don't have these problems.

What other brands have been successfully used? Also, I thought Cisco IP Phones were SIP-based, not h.323.

Kris

Crisco phones natively use their own proprietary protocol called SSCP, slangly referred to as "skinny," but they can be flashed to do H.323 or SIP.

Set the ATA Connect Mode parameter to 0x0006e407. With this setting you will not have any problem with communication with IP Office. The Connect Mode is 32 bit number in HEX format and each bit controls different parameters. You can check the Cisco ATA manual. With enabling H.245 tunneling (bit 1 in Cisco ATA Connect Mode) the problem with disconnectint after 68 seconds dissapears.

Bobicv,

I tried this, but I'm still having issues with the ATA. Would you be able to send me a config of one so I can see exactly how you're doing it?

kris.guntzelman at realworldtimedotcom

Thx

Kris G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back