Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intertel AXXESS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA2DRO

Technical User
Jul 17, 2005
US
Anybody have experience with this phone system? I understand they are upgrading from version 9.0 to 10.0 next year.

We are looking at them and Avaya IP Office but it has been down and dirty between the two.

Any insight will be appreciated!

We have about 40 Inter-Tels but the highest one is 7.0. We are currently looking at large 700 phone install that will come in as a 9.0 or higher. Inter-Tel can match up with anything that is out there.(maybe not Main Frame PBX's but close) They have almost seemless nodes if your are going to network them.
They have just put out there 5000 soft switch and that has everything the orginal has but is lower in capacity right now.

I was one of the first US techs to certify on the IP Office. Stay away.. stay far away. They are crap. The new company I work at asked me to buy a new phone system - I went with the intertel over several others.

I have a couple clients who use Intertel, local government types (village, parks department, etc). From what I can tell they just sit there and work -- no bells and whistles, but no headaches either.

We have 2 Intertel Axxess PBX's networked between our call centres. They are very reliable and fairly straight forward to program. What sort of application are you planning to use it for. and who are you lookinh to purchase it from. We had some trouble with a certain supplier. Make sure that your maintainer will employ their own engineers as Intertel direct will subcontract to suppliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back