Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InternetExplorer ReadyState_Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thenolos

Technical User
Jul 15, 2004
Howdy,

I have an Access 97 application that I use to fill out information on various webforms. This database accesses several sites that are almost exactly the same. After IE navigates to a new page I am using the following code to wait for the page to finish loading before moving on:

Code:
Public Function PageWait(obIE As Object) As Boolean
        While obIE.Busy = True Or obIE.ReadyState <> READYSTATE_COMPLETE
            DoEvents
        Wend
        PageWait = True
End Function

This works great on all but one page. For some reason on this page, IE seems to return ReadyState = 4 (READYSTATE_COMPLETE) before all of the frames are finished loading.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening?

Looks like you are using VBA not VBScript. The VBA forum is here:
forum707

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

Only posted here because I've found that those in this forum tend to have a more familiar understanding of the InternetExplorer object. Sorry.

>For some reason on this page, IE seems to return ReadyState = 4 (READYSTATE_COMPLETE) before all of the frames are finished loading.

[1] frame/iframe elements expose themselves readystate property as well that can be read.
[2] If you load at the documentation, data source/databound objects are populated asynchronously, that may further make a false impression that complete is not yet complete.
[3] If the page has some interactive elements, it may block the frame for being completely rendered without user's intervention.
Those are what I would look further into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back