Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

internet stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehlerak

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2003
US
Hi,
recent problem with my Windows XP Pro:
suddenly, out of the blue, IE6 stops being able to find webpages (DNS error screen), Outlook XP can't connect to server, MSN Messenger stops, etc etc. BUT-still can ping IP addresses AND URLs! Rebooting machine helps. Since ping works, it is not a ISP problem or a network connection problem (I think). I am using a cable modem, with no router or anything. I have Zone Alarm as a firewall, but this shouldn't suddenly stop all applications except for ping.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ariel

Sorry, didn't help, any other suggestions?

hello
in zone alarm in program control,programs try removeing every thing and than as the programs try to acess the net choost to allow then in zap. and than try conecting to the net.allso try disableing xpigs built in fire wall.

Maybe it's time to uninstall then re-install ZoneAlarm. Does ZA have logs to show you what it is blocking or allowing access to the Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back