Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet password question

Status
Not open for further replies.

coposg

Programmer
May 28, 2003
AU
Hi all,

I have a query - we have never checked 'set internet password' as a default choice when creating new users in Domino, as there was no requirement for it. However, now we need to implement this, and I have searched the forum without much luck, so my question is - can you automatically set the internet password through code or otherwise without having to manually edit the person document in the NAB??
We are using Domino client and Domino server 5.08 on a W2K SP3 box.

Thanks in advance

Steven Paice

I believe you can run a script on all Person docs and enter a value in that field.
You will need to refresh the document once the value is entered though.
If you use Formulas, you will need to update all docs and run a @command([ToolsRefreshAllDocs]) after.
If using LScript, just use the computewithform method before saving the document.

Hope this helps.

Pascal.

Well, are we speaking of the password that allows to read email from the web ?

Well, you'd better not set it to "password" for your boss... I don't think he'll like that joke . You collegues as well ...

Seriously, the best way is by hand, because you need to know what the password is and not to set it to something trivial.

Another way is to ask each user to do it themselves.
Normally everyone is "editor" in the names.nsf, and can edit his own account information, so they should be able to change their internet password, and that will avoid you to have to set it to "password" or "company name" . Be sure as well, not to set that one for the admin account - just in case !

Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back