Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Password problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluecrack

MIS
Apr 9, 2001
US
We are running Notes 6.0.2CF2 and have users accessing Notes through the web via the iNotes template. If a user changes his internet password via the web client, then the password should be the new password. However, here's what happens.

Jane starts off with password 'abc' and changes via the web client to 'xyz'. Now change can login using either the password 'abc' or the password 'xyz'. Also, if Jane access her email via IMAP only 'abc' works.

So it looks like changing passwords via the web client doesn't work correctly. It should change the password to 'xyz' and then 'xyz' should be the only password Jane can use to access webmail. Additionally, if it truely changes the Internet password, if Jane connects via IMAP then password 'xyz' should work.

Has anyone experienced this? Can anyone explain a little more about how this works?

Bluecrack

Well I might be asking the obvious thing here, have you try:

1. As administrator, refresh all views in the address book (using CTRL-SHIFT-F9) in one of the address book view.

It might help as it force Domino to refresh all view indexes

2. Drop the IMAP task and start it again. I sometimes see that IMAP task memorise the old password settings.

I haven't got a obvious answer here but I hope this might point you in the right direction.

Vincent Liu

Packet7, thanks for the link I'll check it out.

Potatoegg, we're rebooting the server nearly daily to deal with a Symantec AnitiVirus problem so all the tasks get restarted. As for refreshing the view, it seems that kills the new password and only original password works.

So it looks like the Internet Password change from the web doesn't really work.

Bluecrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back