Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet is down 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

draugen

Programmer
Nov 24, 2004
NO
Internet is down on one of the maskins here at work, has been for many week now. But its sending data and recieving data. Though there is no access (can't go online). Might someone have any suggestion on what to do so that I can get the maskin online?

Thanks.

Internet is down? Oh no! Did anyone make a backup?

Now seriously, I'd start by checking proxy settings, if any.

Cheers,
Dian

And google is not being very helpful with 'maskin'. Could you explain what you mean.

Smah, 'maskin' is a spelling error, should be the computer.

However, thanks for responding, Dian and Smah, but a guy that works on for us came in and he found out that the ip address that was used was blocked at the source. Internet is now up and running on this computer.

Thanks to whoever gave me the star. I wasn't trying to be too mean or sarcastic, especially if the OP doesn't speak english as his 1st language. I sometimes forget that it's not all brits/yanks on this forum.

"Worst phrased question ever??? I'll nominate it."

Thanks, Goombawaho. I guess I typed the heading too fast to realize what it realy said. I was desparat (lol) back then.
And I agree with that it was the worst phrased question.

That's like a radio station here used to have an "incoherent phone call of the week" feature. Usually drunk people would call in and leave messages at the station and they'd pick the strangest one to air once a week.

Did you get your problem fixed?? That would be important.

Yes Goombawaho, the problem was fixed a while back. It appears that my computer work station had gotten its ip-address locked out at our local internet provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back