Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

internet explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave10

Technical User
Oct 22, 2003
GB
I have just performed a clean install of xp pro and downloaded all updates ect but I am unable to change my homepage every time it reverts to msn.com any ideas..Dave

I downloaded avg,adaware and spybot prior to reformating and installed before going on line I have just done a clean reboot but still have the problem I'll try a different spy/malaware/virus combo next

I just had the same problem with a new notebook that I purchased. I tried everything I could think of and couldn't get the home page to change, even as an administrator.

Since the notebook was going to be on the road and connected by wireless a lot I had installed Zone Alarm. Before I could figure out what was blocking me from changing the home page I purchased a USB personal firewall for the notebook and uninstalled Zone Alarm. What do you know? I could suddenly change the home page.

Z don't know what setting in Zone Alarm was blocking the changing of the home page but you might want to have a look at your firewall settings.

Cheers.

I didn't have time to dig deeper,I've reinstalled xp downloaded zone/spybot/adaware again from a different source and no problem thanks for replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back