Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer Window Launch from Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

savery2151

Technical User
Aug 20, 2006
US
Hello.

Is there a way/setting in Notes (v. 6.5) to have a new Internet Explorer window launched from a link in an e-mail, versus the the link being launched in an already open IE window??

Thanks,

Steve

In your location document under internet browser tab change to "Microsoft Internet Explorer"

--Dan
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I have the setting. The issue is, if I have an IE window already open, to Yahoo let's say, and I launch a link from an e-mail in Notes, the link will open over the Yahoo page.

Is there a way for the link in the e-mail to open a new IE window??

Thanks!

Use Firefox. The issue you are outlining does not happen in Firefox, which leads me to believe that this is an IE-centric problem.
Indeed, when you set your location to use Firefox and you click on a link like you say, Notes will send the link to Firefox which will open a new tab and then proceed to load the linked page.
Maybe your issue depends on which version of IE you have. If you install IE 7 (that finally uses tabs) you might find that this issue goes away like in Firefox.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Check your settings in IE. Tools> Internet Options> Advanced. Scroll through options to "Reuse Windows for launching shortcuts" and make sure that is not checked.

--Dan
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back