Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer Web Controls and the Framework 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcosB

Programmer
Sep 4, 2002
UY
Does anybody knows if there is a compatibility problem between internet explorer web controls and the .Net framework 1.1.
These controls worked fine in the version 1.0 of the framework but now when I load the pages the controls just desapeared

Hey marcos,

The answer is YES: the IE web controls won't work with 1.1 Luckily, there's a workaround:

When you unzip the IE webcontrols, there's a batch file that unzips with it. what you need to do is open that up in notepad or some other text editor, and make sure that this line is in there:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\csc.exe

v1.0.3705 is the 1.0 framework (and on my machine, when I installed 1.1, it still kept 1.0...very nice of it). Once you run the batch file with it pointing to the 1.0 framework directory, they *should* work again. I performed this and they now work fine.

hth

D'Arcy

the do work, the fact that the batch file points to another directory doesn't mean the web controls themselves dont work.

i use it with 1.1 without incident

Ah, I should clarify then:

I did a fresh install of XP, and installed IIS, vs.net, etc. etc, including the original 1.0 and the new 1.1 frameworks.

Once everything was set up, I then tried to install the web controls. Marcos, if this is your scenario, then you will need to do the steps in my previous post. (this incident was documented on the message boards as well, if you want to search there to see this solution and others people came up with).

Im guessing gmontano that you had the IE controls installed before you upgraded to 1.1?

D

I am successfuly running an application on .NET Framework 1.1 that utilizes IE Web Controls (TabStrip, MultiPage, and TreeView) however I haven't tried to develop anything in this environment.

Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back