Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer Script Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jam1967

Technical User
Jan 31, 2008
US
I am getting an Internet Explorer Script Error on one computer when I go into "How Do I" and ask a question. The error says "An error has occurred in the script on this page". I have uninstalled and reinstalled MAS90, upgraded to Internet Explorer 7.0, checked my firewall settings and disabled script debugging, but I still am prevented from getting an answer to my question.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Thanks

Jam1967,
Here is what worked for me to correct this problem.

You have to edit the registry and add the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
-> SOFTWARE
->->Microsoft
->->->HTMLHelp -> 1.x -> HHRestrictions

add the item MaxAllowedZone = 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
-> SOFTWARE
->->Microsoft
->->->HTMLHelp -> 1.x -> ITSSRestrictions

add the item MaxAllowedZone = 1

One or the other of these may exist. From what I have read this is a new security feature added with, I believe IE V7.0. It restricts the way HTML pages are displayed and when.

Good Luck!

I've gotten the same error message. This is the workaround given to me by our VAR:
------------
1. From the Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove programs.
2. Select the Show updates check box.
3. Select Security Update for Windows XP (KB942615). Click Remove.
4. Reboot the computer.
------------

I use the term workaround loosely as now I'm forced to run my system without a necessary security patch.

I'm going to try and give chand885's solution a shot.

Thanks,
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back