Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

internet explorer probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulatreboot

Technical User
Mar 16, 2005
GB
Hi,

one of my customers is having problems access some webpages on the internet and this was on a fresh install that i had done, so i tried everything and in the end reloaded winxp again, which worked but they have just started getting the same problems again, its says access denied and you get i yellow exclamation on bottom lefthand side of screen saying error on page

Please help!

Paul.......

Paul,

Is it all web pages or just some, have veiwed the same website on two machines to see if the results are different.

Lordbertie

Have tried on two pc's and always works on other pc,and its on some web pages normally with a logon script

Cheers

Paul...

Ok,

Have checked the security settings of IE in
Tools>Internet Options>Security

If you click the advanced button and check these against a working pc

lordbertie

have tried that and also tried changing them , played for a few hours before i wiped it last time, not sure what else could be doing this, my mate said there is a little download that stops this and he doesnt know where it was he got it from, not sure what to do next

Paul...

yes done all updates on windows update before i took pc back last time

thankyou paul............

thanx ill try the links and get back to ya all

Cheers...

Paul....

the last link was for internet explorer 6 service pack 1 and im service pack 2 so trying other links

Cheers

Paul....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back