Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer Problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOrakul

Technical User
Nov 10, 2005
US
Hello

Here is my issue.Not even 5 minutes into me being online,internet explorer kicks me off. I get error message" internet explorer caused a problem and will now close ". So i log back online and a few minutes within being there, it kicks me back off again with the same message. I recently had problems with the computer and did a quick restore to fix any errors the computer may have had, everything works after that process , but the internet explorer, it always kicks me off with that error mesage. If i'm closing out a page on the net i get the error message, when i go from page to page, i get that message , everything i do on the net internet explorer kicks me off. is there a way i can repair internet explorer ? What is the solution ?

Thanks

You haven't mentioned what version of IE, but assuming that it's at least 5.x, you can start a repair installation from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs.

what i can recommend is to install IE 6.0 sp1 from under popular downloads. if not go to add/remove programs and left click on IE q**** or something like that. then click change/remove then select to repair.

hope it helps!

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, while others wonder what happened.

I'm having trouble with MS IE bringing up "The Page Cannot be Displayed". However, I can get the same sites on another computer. I'm sure it's some sort of setting but it seems I've tried some things like reducing my security what else can I try?

Thanks

I currently run 98se on two machines fully updated and both run IE6SP1 fully updated. One is my dual boot main machine and the other is a P133/32Mb laptop. These machines do not have the problem you have...I thing cupid gave ya a good start here.

The only thing I can add is to insure no malware is present. Adaware, Spybot, and Spywareblaster are a must and all are free to protect and rid you of any crap. AVG is a good and a free antivirus program. A nice lightweight firewall for a 9x system if you're using always on internet is Kerio v. 2.1.5.

Follow the advice from cupid first...then follow mine.

Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back