Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy71SS

Technical User
Dec 31, 2004
US
It was suggested I move this thread over to here, so here I go
Running XP Home SP2, IE 6.0
I may have generated this problem :-(
My problem is on the wifes PC while in IE at any time I get zapped back to the desk top. I could be in there for any amount of time 5,10 min or more, then in a flash no warning, no error msg I'm back on the desktop.
The only thing that I had done and I'm not 100% if this caused it is I ran JV16 and cleaned the registry. Something may have been deleted that shouldn't have. I've used the program before on several PC's with no problems, only deleting items that were deemed safe to delete. The bad part is I didn't check the backup box.
I've gone into system error logs but can't find anything in there. Now, is there anyway to find out if something is missing from the registry? Or how to re-install IE? I've looked into re-installing IE but it seems like a long drawn out process. Any shorter way of doing it?
Any guidance would be appreciated,
Andy

Thanks.
I'll start with restore first.

I wanted to get some input from more intelligent folks before I possibly did something dumb again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back