Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

internet explorer problem with secure page

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozispimp

IS-IT--Management
Dec 15, 2000
US

that's the page i'm trying to reach.. and for some reason, no matter what.. it always gives me the:

"page can not be displayed" page.. telling me to check browser settings.. i used to be able to access this no problem through 98 (still can) but not 2000..

also, the weird thing is.. i can logon to other secure pages.. just not the chase page..

i'm on a two computer lan.. running through a belkin 4 port switch/router.. i have it set on automatic proxy.. which is what i believe it is running through.

any suggestions?

i forgot to mention i'm running internet explorer 6, i also tried it on 5.01 and 5.5 to no avail (of course on the 2k machine.. any version works ok on 98)

I can view the page, using Win 2K Pro and IE 5.5. Must be your browser settings. Particularly under Tools, Security Options, Internet, look at cookie settings, ActiveX controls and under Misc, Access Data Sources Across Domains.

after about 5 reboots, it just magically started working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back