Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer Print error

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngnetworkadmin

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2006
US
I continue to get this error message when i try to print from internet explorer

line 228

char 1

error interface not registerd

code 0

url res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg

then it says do you want to continue running scripts on this page and rether i hit yes or no it still dosent not print. anyone know how to fix this?

If you have SP2 installed, with IE closed try Start, Run, "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" /rereg, OK

Steve

I would try this tool as I have had similiar issues:

windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

Hope that helps,

Erik

Thanks I got it, I just wrote a little script that fixed it thanks again for all your help

DJ

What does your script do to fix the problem?

Steve

Basicly the error is when you install internet explorer there are a few files that do not get registered and then internet exporer can not find them so it brings up an error.

you may look at the script that we wrote to fix this here

Yeah thats basicly what we did but we added to the user login script to just go ahead and make sure that every computer was working properly. Feel Free to use that script theres no lisence or anything on it. Share it do whatever you want.

My Work Here is Done

DJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back