Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer/Outlook problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLSmitty

Technical User
Aug 12, 2003
US
I have a long question/problem, hoping to get some answers (keep in mind I have an older computer, but am running Windows 2000 Professional):

First: I am having no luck at opening hyperlinks. Whenever I click on a link, nothing happens.

Second: In Outlook, whenever I attempt to draft a new e-mail, I click on the new mail box and receive the following error message: "There was an error opening this message. There is not enough memory"

Finally, I thought I could solve these issues by uninstalling then reinstalling the programs, however when I attempt to go to the Add/Remove Programs box from the control panel, it does not open correctly. The icons, by the way, have shifted to the left hand side of the nav bar. When I double click the A/R Programs icon, a new box opens however the script is messed up and there is even an & sign in the close box.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

That's not problem with memory,I've faced same problem after installing IEAK,but after reinstalling ie6sp1 problem has gone.Try to reinstall ie6 again and restart after installing.(restall from local do not connect to net).I have
no more ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back