Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer Enhance Security

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2008
US
Hello gentelmen, I am having (guru) can issue hoping someone can help me wiht this.
I have removed Internet Explorer Enhance Security from a Terminal Server, but i think its still not removed in the background, because if i create a new user and ts into the TS server, i get the message that its enabled. I have removed it as the admin, installed it again, removed it again, but no luck. tryed installing and removing in install mode as well.
I have rebooted after changes..still no dice.
The main problem is that i have applyed a gpo trough default domain policy and its partially not working on a terminal server 2003.
It gets the urls in favorites, but i am zone mapping a few sites that in order for the app to work it has to be in my trusted site or Intranet site.

Can someone please guide me. I been working on this for the past 3 months and still not working.

Thanks, thats actually what i did. the registry change. thanks a lot. i figured it out by looking trought the registry. IEharden has to be set to 0 on each user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back