Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

internet explorer defaulting to "never dial a connection"

Status
Not open for further replies.

xp

Technical User
Jul 19, 2001
My internet explorer (6) keeps defaulting to "do not dial a connection", have tried changing and applying changes in tools,internet options and via control panel, but randomly resets to do not dial.

Sorry, but this isn't it. I live in Australia, a bit far from Bell Canada. Thanks anyway

There has been a lot of reports of this on various sites. It appears to be a bug in IE. Microsoft's response was the article that XP pointed out.

I don't believe there is a solution right now. Do you perhaps have other Call Waiting software? I wouldn't limit it to Bell Canada's software, as the same code could be used by other software.

I have had a similar problem, but instead of defaulting to "never dial" it defaulted to "always dial". After updating the latest Service Pack for IE 6 and changing the setting in Interent Options and rebooting, the problem has not come back.
fedto [cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back