Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creeker

MIS
Apr 22, 2002
US
I'm getting this error 50 percent of the time at least a variety of different pages (including my home page - Google), and when I hit refresh the page loads. This problem started occuring around the time we upgraded to Windows XP, brand new server and all. Lately, it seems to have gotten even worse since upgrading to IE 7.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing this? I've had no similar complaint from anyone else on the network. Would appreciate any suggestions.

For IE7, try the Reset button on the Advanced tab of Internet Options.

I resisted the reset. I don't like to lose my customized settings. But it seems to have resolved the problem, although it did take away my Google toolbar. Maybe that was part of the problem.

Older versions of google toolbar can cause several problems with IE7. If you install the newest version, it will be fine. Incedentally, if you use Google Desktop Search, make sure that's the newest version as well.

My problem didn't go away. I thought it was too good to be true.

Thanks for the comment on the Google toolbar. I think I'll avoid it until I get some resolution on this browsing problem. It's a pain in the neck to constantly have to hit that refresh button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back