Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascotta

Vendor
Sep 15, 2003
AU
Could anyone point me in the right direction for a download of this please, I can only find 8 and I need to have 7. Thanks in advance

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Scotty - Did you mean this to be in a Mac forum?

Fee

"The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

For those web designers/developers that use MSIE for Windows on Mac, the last version you can use through WINE is version 6.

If you want to run 7 or 8, you need a full Windows installation running as a dual boot or virtual machine.

If you already have IE8 installed, version 7 rendering can be achieved by switching on 'compatibility view' in IE8.

I did mean it to be posted here Fee, stange though it may seem. I help support a school who insist on using MACS. Only joking, I personally havent used one for 20 odd years, but they certainly have their uses.

OK So 6 is the lates veresion that will work on Macs, OK great thank you.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Just checking! I haven't been able to find a download version that is still supported for some time, so only use Firefox and Safari now (and Seamonkey very occasionally). So you have things that absolutely require IE instead then?

(If you do find a copy - I'd love to know where as it would be useful for testing websites)

Fee

"The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back