Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet explorer 6 freezes when I visit most pages!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Does anyone know how to fix the problem?
Whenever I visit major websites the Internet Explorer freezes, and i don't know why. I also have netscape 6.0 and it works fine. I've reinstalled it, fix it, and nothing happens. I 've also tried to install earlier versions of IE with no luck.
What could I do?

It sounds like a problem I had on my home system. This was resolved by removing gator (and some other unwanted rubbish) from the system. Try running lavasoft ad-aware software and see if it finds any nasty spyware. There was a long thread concerning this issue but I cannot find it again. It suggests other resolutions but this is the one that worked for me.

If it keeps doing it, try searching for "Qwysh". Some reason Ad-aware does not detect it. I had just installed the new version.
Nasty little spyware program that I'm sure was causing me problems. Get rid of reg entries first.
(take note of the company names in the reg so you can search for them too.) Then delete the directory you find the files in under Program Files. (usually the last one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back