Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer 100% Idle Utilization and Slow Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaNovice

Vendor
Apr 6, 2003
US
Hey,

I've got a problem with IE. Most recent version, win2k pro with most recent updates. Every time I visit a page, the form elements in any given page will absolutely lag, if I go to type something into a search box while the page is loading it won't even register that I've clicked on the box, plus I can't scroll until the page is completely loaded. Problem does not occur with Netscape.

I figure it's something to do with spyware? I've installed spybot, adaware, and spyware blaster -- all of them found problems, but I fixed them all. Still no luck... any ideas? Why would IE go to 100% utilization even when idle?

Check that you have the appropriate DNS settings

Not a problem with DNS. Pages load no problem, it's just that any form elements or scroll bars are completely locked or lag when IE is being used. I figure it has to be adware of some sort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back