Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Eplorer problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindy1

Technical User
Mar 13, 2002
US
I'm in need of some serious help. I have a computer that when it goes on the internet and launches the internet explorer you can only see the top bar that says " Yahoo Finance - Microsoft Internet Explorer" Then that's it, the rest of the page just sits there you can't see it just the bar. I have repaired and gone back to the previous setting but that hasn't done any good. I think it is a virus but Norton didn't pick up anything. I'm lost and I need help quick. I also reloaded explorer 6.0 and the updates and that didn't work.

Cindy
[ponder]

Spyware. Get AdAwareSE and Spybot search abd Destroy (both free). Run them and post back.

Also - quit using Internet Explorer. It is clunky, UNsafe and full of problems. A much better choice is Mozilla Firefox. Much safer to use, and NO pop-up ads. Download at:

I'll second the Mozilla Firefox recommendation!

But sounds like maybe the yahoo finance page was just slow to load? Do you have this problem with all web pages? Can you access any other websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back